Permits are available for Windmill Pointe Park and Patterson park for picnics up to 25 non-resident guests. This does not apply to school picnics if the school is in Grosse Pointe Park.
Park Pass applications are available at the Municipal Office in the Public Service Department. Driver’s licenses and/or other forms of identification will not allow you to bring guests into the Parks. There is an allowance of at least five working days to process pass applications during the months of June and July.
Remember, Park Passes are now permanent. Do not throw them away. A new pass is only required for renters, or when you change your address.
Picnic permits are available for the summer season. Call the Parks and Recreation Office, 822-2812 ext 201, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to reserve your date. The fee for a permit is $15.00 for a Monday - Friday function or $25.00 for a Saturday or Sunday event.
- Permits will be reserved specifically for family picnics on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the summer. This does not apply to school picnics if the school is in Grosse Pointe Park.
- Office picnics can only be held Monday-Friday at Patterson Park.
- Permits will not be issued for Memorial Day, July 4th, or Labor Day.
- We will take reservations for the picnic shelter at Patterson Park. When you make your request for a picnic permit make sure you ask for the shelter. Shelter users must be at the shelter by noon.
- The Gazebo at Patterson Park is a "back drop" for concerts, weddings and pictures. Please do not move picnic tables, grills, or benches under it.