City of Grosse Pointe Park COVID-19 Mitigation Measures Updated May 8th, 2020:
Click here to read the City's weekly Coronavirus Newsletter for May 18th - May 22nd.
In an effort to continue slowing the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), The City of Grosse Pointe Park is continuing to take additional proactive measures to protect the health, safety and welfare of the community. At the recommendation of the Wayne County Health Department and to align with Governor Whitmer’s second extension of the Stay Home, Stay Safe Executive Order, the City of Grosse Pointe Park will continue with modifying or suspending certain non-emergency operations. The following operational changes are still in effect and will continue through May 15th, 2020 when we will reassess any potential changes.
- City Hall including the Municipal Court remains closed to the public. City business within City Hall including the Municipal Court can be conducted via U.S. Mail, the brown drop-box outside City Hall or online. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and messages can be left at 313-822-6200. Calls will be returned the next business day.
- Starting on May 1st, Windmill Pointe Park will be open from 7am – 9pm and Patterson Park will be open from 7am – 8pm daily. Please continue to show your park pass upon entry. All playground equipment remains closed.
- The Marina and Kayak Racks and Launch opened for the season on Friday, May 1st.
- The City Pool will not be opening Memorial Day weekend. The splash pad will also remain closed.
- On May 7th, the Building Department announced new inspection requirements for use during the COVID-19 pandemic. The entire statement can be read here.
- Below is an update on events and meetings:
- All refunds for the Daddy Daughter Dance have been issued
- The Marshmallow Drop will be rescheduled to a summer or fall date. If the City decides to cancel the event, a $10 credit will be applied towards a future park event when proof of the original even ticket is provided.
- The Shred Corp Spring Shredding Event has been postponed and a new event date is TBD
- The All Pointes Cornhole Tournament has been postponed and new date is TBD
- The Grosse Pointe Park Mutant Swim Team registration has been postponed
- The Recreation Commission May 6th meeting has been cancelled
- The GPP Beautification Commission Spring Plant Exchange has been postponed and a new date is TBD.
The entire updated City statement can be read here. The City will continue to monitor the situation and will continue to provide updates on the website and the Facebook page. We want to urge City residents to continue to Stay Home and Stay Safe during this time.