Click here to view the GPP Building Permit Review Procedure
Business Owners who want to expand service or vending outside are required to apply for the appropriate outdoor permit:
- Outdoor Seating/Vending License (for set ups on business owned property)
- Expanded Outdoor Footprint on Non-Business Owned Property Permit (sidewalks, street, non-business owned parking lots)
Businesses should have their application permit and fees turned in no later then June 12th. The forms can be found here.
If have any questions regarding the above-mentioned permits or if you are unsure you need a permit, please contact the Building Department at 313-822-4365.
A Certificate of Occupancy is required whenever there is a change of ownership of a home or business or new residential construction. The City Inspector must complete an inspection of the property and all code violations must be corrected BEFORE a Certificate of Occupancy will be issued. All inspections are completed by appointment only and should be preferably scheduled at least two weeks before the preferred inspection date. The Certificate of Occupancy is valid for two years from the date of the initial inspection. Inspection fees are as follows and must be paid in advance of the scheduled inspection:
- Single-Family Residence, $150
- Two-Family Residence, $175
- Three-Family Residence, $200
- Four-Family Residence, $225