- The summer statement includes city property taxes only which are payable to the city without penalty on or before September 15.
- The winter statement includes taxes for the school district, Wayne County and the jail, Huron Clinton Metro Authority, Wayne County Community College, the Regional Educational Service Agency (RESA), and the Library. These taxes are payable without penalty on or before February 14.
Property owners who miss the deadline in any calendar year for paying property taxes may pay taxes at the City Municipal Building until March 1 of the following year. After March 1st passes, delinquent statements must be paid to the Wayne County Treasurer's office at the International Center Building located on the 5th floor at 400 Monroe in Detroit.
Business owners who miss the deadline for personal property taxes must pay at the City Treasurer's office in the Municipal Building. A penalty will be added to all late tax statements.
Senior citizens, who need additional time to pay taxes may fill out a form prior to August 31 at City Hall to defer City taxes until February 14 without penalty. For County and School taxes, seniors may fill out an additional form at City Hall prior to February 14, to defer County and School taxes without penalty up through April 30. Those payments are then made to the Wayne County Treasurer. For additional information regarding taxes, please contact the Treasurer’s office at 313-822-6200.
Click Here for Property Taxes
To Search for Information:
- Click "Current Tax Search," located on the far left side of the screen.
- Click "Tax Information Search" in the main window,
- Click the radial button to choose the search criteria you wish to use and enter the information,
- Click on the blue parcel number of that property.