The Grosse Pointe Park Municipal Court is closed to the public as of Monday, November 16, 2020. Once the court reopens, the following proactive measures to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the community will be in effect including limited hours for walk-in customers. If you need to reach the court office, please call 313-822-3535 or send an email to email@example.com.
Once reopened, the Court hours for walk-in customers will be during the following hours:
Monday: 8:30am – 11:30am; 12pm – 4pm
Tuesday: 8:30am – 11:30am; 12pm – 4pm
Wednesday: 8:30am – 11:30am; 12pm – 4pm
Thursday: 8:30am – 11:30am; 12pm – 4pm
Friday: 8:30am – 11:30am; 12pm – 4pm
The office will be closed for cleaning and sanitizing from 11:30am – 12pm and 4pm – 4:30pm.
The following additional safety measures have also been implemented:
- Face masks are required to enter the court.
- Court hearings will be conducted by Zoom unless otherwise noted. The Court’s Zoom ID: 356 399 7611
- If you have a pending matter with the court, please complete the Contact Information Form Here and either mail, drop off in brown drop box or you can email it to the Court at FersztJ@grossepointepark.org
- Only 7 visitors will be allowed in the Court lobby at one time. If the lobby is at capacity, please wait outside until you see another visitor leave.
- Social distancing stickers have been placed throughout the public waiting area in the Municipal Court lobby. Please wait on one of the stickers and only come up to the counter when called upon.
- Hand sanitizer has been placed throughout lobby areas and frequently touched services are sanitized on a regular basis.
- To view court proceedings, please use the following YouTube channel link:
Visitors are encouraged to utilize the brown drop box (outside the main entrance), Court website and online payment services when possible, U.S. Mail and calling the court at 313-822-3535 to limit interaction with visitors and staff. If you are feeling unwell, please consider not entering the building for your safety and the safety of others.
The Court continues to post updates on this page as necessary. We appreciate your patience while we adjust to the new normal situation throughout our community. We want to encourage everyone to remain safe and healthy during this time.
MICHIGAN COURTS SELF HELP CENTER
ONLINE TICKET PAYMENT
Court Fines/Tickets/Restitution/Probation Payments
Not for the cities of:
Grosse Pointe, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Shores or Grosse Pointe Woods
LANDLORD TENANT BOOKLET
Click on the link above for the latest Landlord/Tenant Information for Michigan
COURT DOCKET INFORMATION
Adjournments are only granted with Court approval and must be requested with a 24 Hour advance notice
LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDERS
Grosse Pointe Park Municipal Court's Language Access Plan
2020 COURT HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
The court will be closed on the following days:
|New Year's Day||January 1, 2020|
|Martin Luther King's Birthday||January 20, 2020|
|President's Day||February 17, 2020|
|Good Friday||April 10, 2020|
|Memorial Day||May 25, 2020|
|Independence Day||July 3, 2020|
|Labor Day||September 7, 2020|
|Columbus Day||October 12, 2020|
|Veterans' Day||November 11, 2020|
|Thanksgiving||November 26, 2020|
|Day After Thanksgiving||November 27, 2020|
|Christmas Eve||December 24, 2020|
|Christmas Day||December 25, 2020|
|New Year's Eve||December 31, 2020|
|New Year's Day||January 1, 2021|
If you have any outstanding traffic tickets with judgments, suspensions and/or warrants you may want to contact the Court to see if there is a current Amnesty Program in effect. You would be required to pay the original fine, statutory costs and the clearance fee of $45.00 . The court will waive default fees, warrant fees, penalties and late fees. If you have a warrant contact the court today to learn how you can clear your any matters and avoid being arrested. Each case is taken on an individual basis. Call 313-822-3535.
Fines, costs and other financial obligations imposed by the court must be paid at the time of assessment, except when the court allows otherwise, for good cause shown.