Events sponsored on behalf of a Grosse Pointe Park resident or business owner. A limit of two reservations may be made one year in advance from the current calendar date. Only wedding receptions can be reserved further in advance. Residents reserving the Tompkins Center must maintain residency within Grosse Pointe Park and have a valid Park Pass throughout the reservation process. The City of Grosse Pointe Park reserves the right to cancel a reservation if residency and a valid Park Pass are not met.
In accordance with fire ratings, the maximum capacity of the facility is 150.
|Monday – Thursday
|$500 from 1:00 pm – 1:00 am
|Friday, Saturday, or Sunday Rentals
|$750 from 1:00 pm – 1:00 am
|Wedding & Wedding Receptions
|$1,200 from 11:00 am - 1:00 am
* Starting January 1, 2024 all rentals including weddings must be out of the facility by 12:00 am.
100% of rental fee is due within 24 hours of reservation. Nonpayment of reservation within 24 hours will result in termination of reserved date without notification. There is a $275 security deposit for all rentals that is due 2 weeks prior to your event.
- Residents, business owners and Grosse Pointe Park based groups are allowed ONLY 2 advanced reservations for weekend use per year. However, additional reservation requests will be considered within 4 weeks of an event provided the Center is available at such time.
- No holidays. New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- No groups are allowed in the building or Park beyond 1:00 am.
*A fee of $100.00 will be taken from the security deposit if the party has not vacated the premises by 1:00 am.
- All rental fees and security deposit checks must be issued by the resident booking the center, no exceptions.
- Grosse Pointe Park based groups or organizations are permitted to rent the facility at any time Monday-Friday.
- An organization that is not Grosse Pointe Park based but has a Grosse Pointe Park resident as a sponsor, is permitted to rent the facility only Monday – Thursday.
- Rentals for groups or organizations must consist of 50% Park residents. Park residents may rent the Tompkins Center for immediate family members only.
- To comply with State Regulations, the Tompkins Center is a Non-Smoking facility.
- The sale of any goods or materials is prohibited in the Center.
- Alcohol will be allowed providing applicant is completely responsible for the serving of any such beverages. It is a felony to serve alcohol to minors. If this should happen, the police will be notified immediately.
- No bachelor/bachelorette parties or gambling permitted.
- No alcohol to be served after 12:30 am.
- Use and rental of the facility will be restricted to the building and patio area.
- Applicants shall be responsible for set up (decorations) and clean up. Clearing tables, taking out the garbage & leaving kitchen in the same condition as they were found.
- Use of confetti decorations is prohibited. A $40.00 cleaning fee will be deducted from your security deposit if confetti is used.
- There are no wall decorations allowed.
- Applicants shall be responsible for the conduct of the group, including a school group or other children’s group, there must be sufficient adult supervision and applicant must be present at all times.
- Applicants will be responsible for any theft, loss or damage to City property.
- The tables in the Center must have some type of protection (ex. tablecloths) on them before heating units or hot dishes are placed on them. The Tompkins Center furniture is to be used exclusively in the Center.
- Applicant will hold harmless the City of Grosse Pointe Park, its representatives, agents, officers and employees for any personal injury, theft, items and food left by rental or damage of private property. I will be responsible for any and all of my guests and the use of said Park by me and my guests will be at our own risk. I will indemnify and hold harmless the City and its agents and employees against any claim by me, my guests or others for damages arising as a consequence of being in the Park, or as a consequence of any actions by me or any of my guests while in the Park and Tompkins Center.
- Music may be provided within the building, but must be done in a manner not to disrupt exterior park activities. Music must stop at 12:30 am.
- The Center’s sound system includes AM/FM radio, MP3 connection, microphone and television.
- Please do not allow children to touch the sound system or the microphone.
- The lofts above the restrooms at each end of the facility are off limits to everyone. (Used for event/program storage).
- If you need help with heat or air conditioning, or need a mop or broom, please ask the gate staff for assistance. Any and all concerns need to be brought up to the gate guard if the office is closed. Gate staff can be reached at 313-417-1168.
- After unloading, please close all doors to the center. (We have animals and insects that try to get in).
- There is a defibrillator in a cabinet by the east end television. This unit is fully automatic and should be removed only in the event of an emergency. Please contact Public Safety as well at 313-822-7400.
- No additional tents or canopies may be set up on the lawn unless approved Parks & Recreation Director.
- The City Administration and Park Supervisor may deny any request for use of the facility if the above terms and conditions are not met, or if the use of the facility would not be in the best interest of the City.
A full refund is available 30 days prior to the reserved date. After 30 days, 50% of the deposit fee will be refunded only if the Center has been rented. All checks should be made payable to the City of Grosse Pointe Park.
GOLDEN FAMILY GYMNASIUM
Book your court time now! The Golden Family Gymnasium is available for rental on a preregistration basis, no walk-ins. Reservations may be made by residents age 18 or older 72 hours in advance with prepayment or 24 hours in advance with payment at sign in. The court is available for pickleball, basketball, volleyball and running games. We now offer full court rentals as well as half court rentals. Park passes are required for access to the Park and the Lavins Activity Center under the usual 3 guests per pass guidelines. Minors must be supervised by someone age 18 years or older at all times.
|$25.00 for one hour
|$50.00 for one hour
WINDMILL POINTE PARK THEATRE
Are you having a meeting at the office, but you need more room or a large screen for your presentation? Are you tired of the same old birthday party activities and looking for something different? Call the Lavins Activity Center today! Residents can now reserve the theatre for private showings of personal movies, DVDs, Power Point Presentations, meetings, conventions, etc. Please call (313) 822-2812, ext. 300 for more details and availability.
Events sponsored and on behalf of a Grosse Pointe Park resident. Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance. A list of non-residents must be given to the gate attendant the day of the event to allow them access into the building.
Okulski Family Theatre: 138
Carol C. Schaap Theatre: 70
$200.00 + $200.00 security deposit (Security deposit payment must be in the form of a check).
Security Deposit Required for Rental
All rental fees and security deposit checks must come from the resident booking the Windmill Pointe Park Theatre.
Rental Schedule: Dependent on current movie showings.
The new ice rink warming house at Patterson Park has been named the “Lindell Lodge” in recognition of Carlton and Verna Lindell. Their generosity along with the continuing efforts of the Grosse Pointe Park Foundation have built this beautiful facility for our community. We are pleased to announce that it is now available to rent for tea’s, clubs, birthday and card parties, meetings and other small gatherings. The lodge is available for rentals from April 1 - November 1 each year by Grosse Pointe Park residents.
The lodge features a 50” flat screen television and surround sound audio system with a gas fireplace, 2 leather club chairs and 2 wooden cafe tables with accompanying wooden chairs. The side windows open and there is a ceiling fan and air conditioning. There is also a handicap accessible restroom. There is no refrigeration, kitchen, sink or serving utensils. Coolers are allowed and the counters may be used for serving food. Total capacity is 25 people.
- No smoking allowed.
- Balloons and table decorations are permitted. Wall decorations, glitter and confetti are prohibited.
- The lodge is an "AS IS" rental room.
- Picnic permits will not be issued for use with the lodge; however, a grill will be available for your barbecue needs.
- Garbage must be taken out to the dumpsters in the parking lot. Failure to do so will result in the loss of the security deposit.
The lodge is available for daily rentals from 10:00 a.m. to dusk. Monday - Thursday rentals are $200.00 per booking. Friday, Saturday, and Sundays are $300.00 per booking. A separate security deposit of $100.00 is also required. Security deposit checks will be returned upon request, or ripped up immediately following an event provided there are no damages to the facility. The rental fee is due at the time of the booking. The security deposit is due 2 weeks prior to the event. All or part of the security deposit can be kept if the building is left dirty or if property is damaged. The Parks and Recreation staff will make this determination.