Windmill Pointe Park
Windmill Pointe Park, Grosse Pointe Park's active park, is located at Barrington and Windmill Pointe Drive. This is where the majority of recreational programs originate and are carried out. Facilities include an Olympic size swimming pool - equipped with a handicap accessible chair lift that can lower swimmers with disabilities into the pool, wading pool, bath house, the marina, a fishing pier, a privately operated concession stand, four lighted tennis courts, two sand volleyball courts, two horseshoe pits, playground equipment, picnic tables and grills.
Also located at Windmill Pointe Park are the Tompkins Community Center and the Lavins Activity Center. The Tompkins Community Center can be reserved for parties, receptions, baby showers, etc. The Lavins Activity Center houses the Okulski Family Theater, the Meade Fitness Center and the Golden Family Gymnasium.
General Park Guidelines
- No dogs allowed in parks unless going on a boat in which the dog must be on a leash. Sec. 17-32 of the City Code states: "Dogs prohibited. No dogs shall be permitted within either park."
- No loud music
- No rollerblades permitted in the parks
- No open fires
- No liquor (beer in cans permitted to those of age)
- No fishing permitted, except in designated area (main fishing pier on lakeside)
- No swimming is permitted in the lake
- No bikes on the boardwalk at Patterson Park
- No glass containers