Water Service Line Material Verification Project
The City's Department of Public Works Water Board is now setting up appointments for the water line service material verification project. The City is required to verify all water line material within the City due to changes in State of Michigan law.
In order to comply with this new requirement, we are asking all residents to sign up for a one-hour time slot through sign up genius. After you have signed up for an appointment, Grosse Pointe Park Water Department employee will come to your door during that hour time slot and request to enter the home. They will enter and verify the water line material which should take no longer than ten minutes. We ask that the path to the water line is cleared for easy employee access if you know where your water line is located. All employees will be wearing appropriate PPE and be following appropriate COVID-19 safety measures. If you have been sick or have been exposed to COVID-19 within 14 days of your appointment time, we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
The City has been split into five zones to assist staff members with completing the project as quickly as possible. Please utilize the appropriate signup genius for your address below. Clicking on the zone name will take you to the signup genius link for that zone:
- Zone 1: all addresses between Mack & Jefferson between Wayburn and Balfour, Sept 21 - 25.
- Zone 2: all addresses between Mack & Jefferson between Balfour and Three Mile, Sept 28 - Oct 2.
- Zone 3: all addresses Mack & Jefferson between Three Mile and Cadieux, Oct 5 - 9.
- Zone 4: all addresses between Windmill Pointe & Jefferson between Barrington and Berkshire, Oct 12-16
- Zone 5: all addresses between Windmill Pointe & Jefferson between Berkshire and Cadieux, Oct. 19-23
If the dates assigned for the zone for your address does not work, please contact us to set up an alternative appointment date.
Please call 313-822-5100 or email email@example.com with any additional questions or concerns.